“My name is Jake Elliott. Born in Dallas, raised on the outskirts of the city. Currently I am working at Black Market USA’s flagship store. Interests include Visual Arts/Cinema, Furniture Design, Skateboarding & Great Food/Sex Combinations.”
What is an ideal day in the city of Dallas?
Ideally it’s April and the weather is at a mid-point in the year. Generally would head downtown, find a rooftop to smoke on then hit Dante’s for some pizza. Dallas nightlife for me is a non-factor, not really into the club scene & shit. My nights are spent at the office working or skateboarding.
What is your city’s staple style?
Dallas’s staple style off top has to be some Girbaud Jeans w/ the Coogi Get-Up. Ha-ha –Nah, but in all seriousness the kids in Dallas right now are most commonly wearing brands such as Stussy, 10 Deep, Staple, Black Market USA, 40OZ, Bape, Asics, Fly Knits, Jordan’s & also anything w/ an all-over print or sporadic branding.
What’ s your typical style?
My style derives from skateboard culture first and foremost. Other than that it’s just composed chaos of anything that inspires me.
What do you with your free time?
When I do have free time it’s usually spent at the record store. I try to go weekly & drift through the Jazz Records and old films. Other than that design / skateboarding are my main “hobbies”.
Do you have any collection of some sort?
I wouldn’t say I collect anything specifically but I do enjoy personal items such as Records, Film Photography, Medicom Toy Bearbricks & various types of Magazines.
My daily city must haves:
1. Lighter / Eye Drops: My daily essentials contain a lighter / eye drop combo so I can be high and my momma will still love me 2. Black Book: A black book is definitely a huge part of my everyday process. Scheduling, sketching, notes & reminders all live in that book 3. iPhone / Mac Book: My Phone & Mac Book are the closest things to my brain 4. Phone / Comp Chargers: so of course these are with me daily contributing to marketing, design etc. 5. Reading Material: Knowledge & Reference pulling are a huge part of what I do so I always try to keep a good magazine / book along with me 6. Pokémon Cards: My Back pocket contains nothing but the strongest Pokémon cards; shit is really not a game 7. Chapstick: My lips get crustier than a hoe, so I got to keep that EOS Mint Chapstick on me at all times 8. Wallet: A Wallet so I can eat and buy shit I do not need 9. Music: I constantly listen to music through out the day, it is a huge part of how my mood regulates 10. Keys / Car: The biggest essential for me is transportation. In Dallas, public transit is spread out so without a car you are basically stuck or sweating trying to walk.
Where in your city do people your age hangout?
Uptown Dallas, Deep Elm, Oak Cliff or on Main Street in the Heart of Downtown.
What’s your version of a ‘good-ass’ night?
A good-ass night for me is getting a lot of work knocked out early, then heading to the skate park for a few hours & eventually coming home to head and Wing Stop.
What music are you listening to?
A lot of different shit B.B King, John Coltrane, Thugger, GBE, Loso…
TOP 5 songs on repeat right now:
1. Spooky Black – “Without You”
2. Young Thug – “Jack Tripper”
3. Fabolous ft.(Tamia) – “Into You”
4. Young Scooter – “Disfunction”
5. Wiz – “We Dem Boyz”
What’s your background (nationality)?
What inspires you?
Progression, The people I surround myself with, The Fact that death is real, I also take pride in being my own inspiration
What is your current occupation? What do you want to do?
Style Consultant | Create various useful & useless things
How does your city inspire you?
Dallas is a very “business” dedicated city, so the one source of inspiration I do gather from being here is the money mindset these corporations have.
Your current obsession?
Lighting, Shadows & Tire Skid Marks
Follow Jake on IG: @Jake3lliot